What We Cook
A Mother & Daughter's Recipes
- 335 pages
- 244 recipes, indexed
- Size is 1-inch thick, spiral bound to lay flat while cooking.
- 12 chapters, including cooking hints and tips.
- Black and white pictures throughout.
- Printed on 100 lb "silk surface" paper.
- Recipes are healthy without getting weird or strange.
- A touch of gourmet without being hard or expensive.
- Everyday cooking for families.
- If you only want one cookbook, you can make do with this one!
These are tested recipes that work--the ones we use daily--they literally are what we cook!
But we are still looking for your input
to help make our next cookbook even better!
~ See sample recipe below page photos ~
To order: email firstname.lastname@example.org, or email@example.com
Sample Recipe from page 183...
Pulled Pork Quesadillas
Makes about 12 to 14 servings
These are so good that I even eat the leftovers cold straight from the fridge! I serve these with black beans and fried plantains. Any extra cooked pork can be frozen for another meal. ~Carissa
2 to 3 pound pork tenderloin, cut into fourths (about 3-inch chunks)
1 (12-ounce) can of beer
3 tablespoons of papaya nectar or orange juice
¼ cup Worcestershire
¼ cup ketchup
1 cup regular BBQ sauce
2 chipotle peppers in adobo sauce, diced
3 teaspoons Adobo seasoning
20 (8-inch) flour tortillas
2 cups grated queso fresco or farmers cheese
3 avocados, sliced
1 bunch of cilantro washed and dried with leaves pulled off.
1. Mix all ingredients except tortillas, cheese, avocadoes, and cilantro together in a large saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium high heat, stirring frequently. Reduce heat to medium low and simmer 35 minutes, stirring occasionally.
2. Shred the pork using two forks, put back in sauce and simmer on low for another 20 minutes. Or, at this point, you may put mixture in a slow-cooker on low until you are ready.
3. In a large skillet or on a griddle cook tortilla 1 minutes on each side. Spoon some pork onto tortilla and top with 5 avocado pieces and cilantro. Heat up another tortilla till tortilla is toasted and add cheese. Cook till cheese is melted.
4. Place the second tortilla cheese side down on top of the pork and avocado. Cut into 4 slices and repeat process. Garnish with cilantro and serve.