Our Cookbook Blog

Our Cookbook ~ What We Cook, is a compilation of every recipe we (Janice and Carissa) cook - recipes from our cookbook collections, our recipe boxes, and our heads! We set up this blog for friends and family who have our cookbook to let them see pictures we post of the recipes in the book, and also for us to note any corrections, revisions, or additions to What We Cook. We encourage people who are cooking our recipes to let us know how the recipes turn out and any suggestions they might want to make.

In addition, we will be sharing some of our new recipes (along with pictures) that are not in our cookbook. We hope you will help us out and test recipes and give us your comments.

Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Chunky Guacamole ~ page 13

Sorry for the huge delay in posting here on the blog! Somehow the last month just got away from me. I'll admit, one thing that has kept me away is a new cookbook that I got. It is a Cook's Illustrated cookbook called "The Best 30 Minute Recipe". With 3 kids...30 minutes is all I have most days to get dinner on the table. So, yes, I have had my nose in the new book quite a bit lately. Also, we are getting close to blogging about most all of the recipes in our book. My mom and I need to sit down and figure out what has yet to be blogged about. If you know of something that you haven't seen on the blog yet, shoot us an email and let us know. We will get it made and posted for you, so you can see pictures.

Anyway...last weekend us Johnson's got together for Adam's birthday and Julia's birthday. I was in charge of making the guacamole. So...here it is! Sorry that the picture turned out a bit blurry. It has such a nice chunky texture. I guess the reason I like mine so chunky is that now days it seems most people buy that prepackaged stuff when they are in charge of bringing guacamole to the party. I'm sorry to all of you out there that love that stuff...it just has this slimy texture that I have a hard time handling. I guess I like my homemade stuff super chunky so that it could be as far from the store bought stuff as possible. So next time you offer to bring the guac....try this recipe. Your tasters will thank you! --Carissa

No comments: