Our Cookbook Blog

Our Cookbook ~ What We Cook, is a compilation of every recipe we (Janice and Carissa) cook - recipes from our cookbook collections, our recipe boxes, and our heads! We set up this blog for friends and family who have our cookbook to let them see pictures we post of the recipes in the book, and also for us to note any corrections, revisions, or additions to What We Cook. We encourage people who are cooking our recipes to let us know how the recipes turn out and any suggestions they might want to make.

In addition, we will be sharing some of our new recipes (along with pictures) that are not in our cookbook. We hope you will help us out and test recipes and give us your comments.

Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Aunt Judie's Swedish Limpa Bread ~ page 274

My job for Christmas is the traditional Swedish Limpa bread... and here is the most interest the boys have ever shown in the kitchen:


A while back I tried to make the full recipe in my mixer, had a horrible experience and ended up with way too much bad limpa. This time I halved the recipe and made it twice. Both batches turned out great. Here is the second rise:

I actually ran low on regular flour for the second batch and used bread flour which I think turned out a bit fluffier but the difference was slight. I wouldn't go out of my way to use the bread flour again. And here is my finished limpa bread, with the hot oven open, pouring out heat to keep me toasty on one of the colder nights we had!

No comments: