Our Cookbook Blog

Our Cookbook ~ What We Cook, is a compilation of every recipe we (Janice and Carissa) cook - recipes from our cookbook collections, our recipe boxes, and our heads! We set up this blog for friends and family who have our cookbook to let them see pictures we post of the recipes in the book, and also for us to note any corrections, revisions, or additions to What We Cook. We encourage people who are cooking our recipes to let us know how the recipes turn out and any suggestions they might want to make.

In addition, we will be sharing some of our new recipes (along with pictures) that are not in our cookbook. We hope you will help us out and test recipes and give us your comments.

Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Chicken and Dumpling Soup ~ page 35

The only credit I can take for any part of this meal is planning to make it and buying the ingredients for it. I wish I could even credit myself for chopping the vegetables or something, but unfortunately or should I say fortunately :-), my amazing husband made the entire meal. We were having weekend guests and they were to arrive just in time for lunch.

My plan was to have the soup simmering and ready to serve when they arrived, but being 9 months pregnant and getting over a cold left me with much less energy than I had expected...then our darling daughters decided to sleep in until 8:30 that morning which was wonderful, but left me with less time than I had expected as well.

Taylor eagerly offered to make the soup and also decided to make some rosemary bread to go with it.
This is the bread...isn't it beautiful? It was a recipe he had been wanting to try out for a while...it's supposed to be a copy cat of the Romano's Macaroni Grill recipe for the bread they serve. It tasted JUST like it! Wonderful! And here is the close up of the soup. It was amazing!


Thank you again for another wonderful recipe!!

And I must add an apology for my absence from the blog. Although I have still been making several recipes a week (sometimes per day) from the cookbook, and taking pictures of most of them with the intent to post...I lost my enthusiasm for food at the beginning of this pregnancy. It was hard enough for me to stomach the food enough to make it, much less to write about it and look at pictures, so I just took a break...then I just got out of the habit of posting. But I will add some of my pictures from the recipes eventually. :-)

1 comment:

Carissa said...

I was just about to sit down and type up a post on this recipe! You beat me to it, which is good since your pictures turned out better than mine. We made this a week ago as we were decorating our Christmas tree. The only thing I would be careful of is the thyme. All I had was ground...and a whole teaspoon of ground thyme was a little much. If you don't have regular dried thyme then just use a half teaspoon of the ground stuff. Good to hear from you again Dacia!!