Our Cookbook Blog

Our Cookbook ~ What We Cook, is a compilation of every recipe we (Janice and Carissa) cook - recipes from our cookbook collections, our recipe boxes, and our heads! We set up this blog for friends and family who have our cookbook to let them see pictures we post of the recipes in the book, and also for us to note any corrections, revisions, or additions to What We Cook. We encourage people who are cooking our recipes to let us know how the recipes turn out and any suggestions they might want to make.

In addition, we will be sharing some of our new recipes (along with pictures) that are not in our cookbook. We hope you will help us out and test recipes and give us your comments.

Monday, February 14, 2011

Cut-Out Sugar Cookies ~ page 193

I was up at midnight making these so Lillian could take them to school today for Valentines Day! I watered down the icing a little so I could ice them really fast, it was almost like a glaze. I was really sleepy and ready to go to bed. They turned out really good, I did think that they weren't as tender and soft as I remember them being last time I made them. Then I remembered that I never put the shortening in! The girls were helping me mix them up and they got me distracted making me forget half the fat! So I guess they were low fat cookies. They still tasted fine, and were easier to ice because they were firmer and didn't crack any when handled. Perfect for transporting to school with Lillian this morning!
The girls had so much fun...actually too much fun icing some themselves before they went to bed. We had icing and sprinkles EVERYWHERE! Happy Valentimes Day to everyone out there!! --Carissa


No comments: