Our Cookbook Blog

Our Cookbook ~ What We Cook, is a compilation of every recipe we (Janice and Carissa) cook - recipes from our cookbook collections, our recipe boxes, and our heads! We set up this blog for friends and family who have our cookbook to let them see pictures we post of the recipes in the book, and also for us to note any corrections, revisions, or additions to What We Cook. We encourage people who are cooking our recipes to let us know how the recipes turn out and any suggestions they might want to make.

In addition, we will be sharing some of our new recipes (along with pictures) that are not in our cookbook. We hope you will help us out and test recipes and give us your comments.

Friday, February 4, 2011

Zucchini and Parmesan Orzo ~ page 108

I know this doesn't look like much in a pile here, but it was very tasty to make up for it's simple look. I just had two zucchini on hand, the recipe calls for 2-3...I usually do three. So it felt a little skimpy on the veggie part, but still very flavorful. I think chopped fresh spinach would be a great addition to this, I might try that next time.
Here is Evelyn happily stirring away! She sure loves to cook and she always does it in style! Check out the old flower girl dress (that we use as a dress up dress) she is sporting!!
This went very well with salmon and steamed broccoli. I diced the zucchini pretty small so my girls wouldn't detect it as easily, it worked like a charm! They gobbled it up without realizing they were eating a veggie.
The following day I was sick...with a sore throat. All I wanted was a brothy soup. After searching the fridge for something to make a soup out of I saw these orzo leftovers. I heated up 2 cups of broth on the stove and added 1 1/4 cup of the orzo leftovers. It was quite good for an instant soup! Although the zucchini floated to the top and the orzo to the bottom making the zucchini more noticeable...Evelyn wised up and asked me to take all the "green squares" out of her soup! I hope everyone is staying warm out there! --Carissa

No comments: