Our Cookbook Blog

Our Cookbook ~ What We Cook, is a compilation of every recipe we (Janice and Carissa) cook - recipes from our cookbook collections, our recipe boxes, and our heads! We set up this blog for friends and family who have our cookbook to let them see pictures we post of the recipes in the book, and also for us to note any corrections, revisions, or additions to What We Cook. We encourage people who are cooking our recipes to let us know how the recipes turn out and any suggestions they might want to make.

In addition, we will be sharing some of our new recipes (along with pictures) that are not in our cookbook. We hope you will help us out and test recipes and give us your comments.

Friday, February 4, 2011

Microwave Peanut Brittle ~ page 256


This is my first attempt at this. I am not sure it worked right. Is this one of those things that doesn't double well? It tastes good, but after 3 hours it isn't hard. It is more like peanut candy. I was able to cut it, but it is too soft to "break". Any ideas, Big Sis?

2 comments:

Carissa said...

Actually I would think the problem is probably that you doubled it. Since it is a microwave recipe...I bet when you microwave it that it would take longer to get it hot enough with a double batch. A single batch would get it hotter in a shorter time. So it probably didn't set right if the sugar didn't get hot enough. Just my thoughts...mom what do you think?
--Carissa

Janice Johnson said...

Well, I have actually never made this recipe--just eaten Carissa and Julia's. But I agree about doubling a microwave recipe--you would have to double the cook time too. So Lorrie, on your snow day home from work, you are making double a recipe for candy?? (Hopefully, you were planning on sharing it with someone! ha!)I am so sorry it didn't work out for you though--and I can't think of how to fix it at this stage...