Our Cookbook Blog

Our Cookbook ~ What We Cook, is a compilation of every recipe we (Janice and Carissa) cook - recipes from our cookbook collections, our recipe boxes, and our heads! We set up this blog for friends and family who have our cookbook to let them see pictures we post of the recipes in the book, and also for us to note any corrections, revisions, or additions to What We Cook. We encourage people who are cooking our recipes to let us know how the recipes turn out and any suggestions they might want to make.

In addition, we will be sharing some of our new recipes (along with pictures) that are not in our cookbook. We hope you will help us out and test recipes and give us your comments.

Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Shrimp Bisque ~ page 55

This is what you could call a pantry meal...meaning you can always have these ingredients on hand. I keep frozen shrimp in my freezer, below are the two jars of sauce I used. The recipe calls for 1/2 jar of Alfredo, I ended up using all of it. My 5 year old took one bite, then put both thumbs up. The 3 year old wouldn't even try it, so poor thing went to bed without dinner!
I served this with deluxe grilled cheese sandwiches.... pepper jack cheese on sourdough bread with tomato slices stuffed inside...YUM!

1 comment:

Janice Johnson said...

Carissa brought a bowl of this over to me, and I think it was better than any of the many times I have made it myself...maybe it was that extra half jar of Alfredo sauce she used. It was very delicious! The shrimp is such a good compliment to this soup.~Janice