Our Cookbook Blog

Our Cookbook ~ What We Cook, is a compilation of every recipe we (Janice and Carissa) cook - recipes from our cookbook collections, our recipe boxes, and our heads! We set up this blog for friends and family who have our cookbook to let them see pictures we post of the recipes in the book, and also for us to note any corrections, revisions, or additions to What We Cook. We encourage people who are cooking our recipes to let us know how the recipes turn out and any suggestions they might want to make.

In addition, we will be sharing some of our new recipes (along with pictures) that are not in our cookbook. We hope you will help us out and test recipes and give us your comments.

Monday, August 9, 2010

Avocado Quesadillas ~ page 90

I made these for a light lunch just before Carissa's baby was born 11 days ago...and have not made much from the cookbook since! But I am ready to get cooking again. So thanks for waiting to hear from us. This is a cool, light, tasty supper when the heat index is 112 degrees...goodness, too hot for much cooking!
These tasty quesadillas make 4 side dishes or appetizer servings, or 2 servings if you want it as a main dish.
The avacado filling and the spicy sauce mix up quickly. Instead of sour cream in my sauce, I used plain yogurt, because that is what I had on hand.
I wanted to use some new uncooked corn tortillas that I found. I cooked them on a griddle instead of under the broiler.
After the tortillas crisp up just a bit, the cheese is added.  When cheese is melted, with a spatula, put cheesy tortillas on your serving plate, then add your avocado filling.
Now you are ready for the top...
Add the extra cooked tortillas to the top, then serve with a scoop of the spicy dipping sauce. When this recipe is made with flour tortillas, like the recipe calls for, they will cut up neatly into wedges. I found that my corn tortillas did not cut as nicely, but we sure did love the taste! ~Janice

No comments: