Our Cookbook Blog

Our Cookbook ~ What We Cook, is a compilation of every recipe we (Janice and Carissa) cook - recipes from our cookbook collections, our recipe boxes, and our heads! We set up this blog for friends and family who have our cookbook to let them see pictures we post of the recipes in the book, and also for us to note any corrections, revisions, or additions to What We Cook. We encourage people who are cooking our recipes to let us know how the recipes turn out and any suggestions they might want to make.

In addition, we will be sharing some of our new recipes (along with pictures) that are not in our cookbook. We hope you will help us out and test recipes and give us your comments.

Monday, August 23, 2010

Ranch Chicken Salad in a Pita ~ page 71

I am short on pictures, but this recipe is big on taste. I didn't get a pic of the ranch chicken in the pita...so maybe next time I will post that. This dish is super easy, super cool, and super delicious! If you look in the cookbook, you see there are no proportions given...which makes this easy to do your way with what you have around. I didn't have the wild rice mix I like to use, so I used white jasmine rice. I also added some spinach leaves and chopped yellow pepper, just because I had them. I didn't notice till after the meal, that I forgot the grated cheddar cheese! But I don't think anyone missed it. This was still wonderful. We ate the cold leftovers for dinner, and they were just as good--maybe even better! This is a great dish to make ahead and serve company for a casual summer meal. The pita pocket bread will make it look special. ~Janice

No comments: