Our Cookbook Blog

Our Cookbook ~ What We Cook, is a compilation of every recipe we (Janice and Carissa) cook - recipes from our cookbook collections, our recipe boxes, and our heads! We set up this blog for friends and family who have our cookbook to let them see pictures we post of the recipes in the book, and also for us to note any corrections, revisions, or additions to What We Cook. We encourage people who are cooking our recipes to let us know how the recipes turn out and any suggestions they might want to make.

In addition, we will be sharing some of our new recipes (along with pictures) that are not in our cookbook. We hope you will help us out and test recipes and give us your comments.

Monday, January 17, 2011

Corned Beef Hash with Eggs ~ page 312

Let me tell you--this is a hearty, delicious breakfast any man will love! It also makes a wonderful Sunday night supper.  You do have to do one thing first though--you need to have a meal of corned beef in order to have leftover meat for Corned Beef Hash.  So I made a pot of corned beef and cabbage for dinner one night, then a few days later I made this recipe.
This is my leftover piece of corned beef that I cube along with a few potatoes. I prefer using red potatoes with their skins in this recipe, but I only had russet potatoes on hand, and really, they worked just fine.
Make your cubes pretty small--about 1/2- inch or less.
Mix it up, and it is already looking really good! Now it just needs to simmer with some spices...
You can poach your eggs right in the hash while it is cooking, but I prefer to use poaching cups I have in order to have better control of how my egg cooks. You can also just add a fried egg on top your hash. Any way you make it, this is a tasty and delicious dish that just makes you feel cozy.

No comments: