Our Cookbook Blog

Our Cookbook ~ What We Cook, is a compilation of every recipe we (Janice and Carissa) cook - recipes from our cookbook collections, our recipe boxes, and our heads! We set up this blog for friends and family who have our cookbook to let them see pictures we post of the recipes in the book, and also for us to note any corrections, revisions, or additions to What We Cook. We encourage people who are cooking our recipes to let us know how the recipes turn out and any suggestions they might want to make.

In addition, we will be sharing some of our new recipes (along with pictures) that are not in our cookbook. We hope you will help us out and test recipes and give us your comments.

Friday, January 14, 2011

Nutty Chicken and Broccoli Stir-Fry ~ page 146

If you are really tired (from being sick, in my case), and don't want to spend much time cooking, yet you want a warm, comforting, delicious meal--this dish will take care of you. After a week of not cooking much, this was my first real meal to make. I think I had the first bite in my mouth in 20 minutes flat!
Get everything ready before you start cooking, because the cooking part goes fast. The peanut sauce is easy to mix up and set aside. Cut up your veggies, and get the water to boiling for the noodles. This recipe calls for Ramen noodles, which you know cook super fast--but you can also use other kinds of noodles. I live near an Asian market which has a complete isle of strange noodles you never saw before--so I love to try different kinds of them. I used a quick-cooking noodle I found there instead of the Ramen noodles, just to try something different. Don't worry about leftovers--they will be just as yummy as the first go round.

Oh, here is one more picture for you (it has nothing to do with this recipe!)--Lillian brought this tray to my house the other day--this is the after school snack she made completely by herself and wanted to share. She informed me she even used a sharp knife to cut up the tomatoes all on her own. She was very proud of herself! ~ Janice

No comments: