Our Cookbook Blog

Our Cookbook ~ What We Cook, is a compilation of every recipe we (Janice and Carissa) cook - recipes from our cookbook collections, our recipe boxes, and our heads! We set up this blog for friends and family who have our cookbook to let them see pictures we post of the recipes in the book, and also for us to note any corrections, revisions, or additions to What We Cook. We encourage people who are cooking our recipes to let us know how the recipes turn out and any suggestions they might want to make.

In addition, we will be sharing some of our new recipes (along with pictures) that are not in our cookbook. We hope you will help us out and test recipes and give us your comments.

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Silicone Baking Cups...do they work???

Have you ever wondered if the silicone bakeware was worth the money? I thought I'd do a little product review for you! I bought these cute little silicone muffin cups the other day; the manager at Sur La Table said I could bring them back if I didn't like how they worked, she claimed them wonderful. So I gave them a try. I whipped up my favorite banana pineapple muffin recipe on page 306!
As you can see they baked up nice and round, the true test was what happened once
I took them out..... They slipped right out, I just had to wipe them down and they were ready for another go round. I was pretty impressed at the cleanup! They even browned the bottom of the muffins which I had my doubts about. So, I would recommended them next time you see some on sale! I have never been a big fan of the paper cups, they take the bottom of the muffin off sometimes, and kids can't peel them very well themselves...and you have to keep buying them. This is a nice way to take the mess of muffin tin greasing and cleaning up out of muffin baking, so you can spend more time eating the muffins! --Carissa

No comments: