Our Cookbook Blog

Our Cookbook ~ What We Cook, is a compilation of every recipe we (Janice and Carissa) cook - recipes from our cookbook collections, our recipe boxes, and our heads! We set up this blog for friends and family who have our cookbook to let them see pictures we post of the recipes in the book, and also for us to note any corrections, revisions, or additions to What We Cook. We encourage people who are cooking our recipes to let us know how the recipes turn out and any suggestions they might want to make.

In addition, we will be sharing some of our new recipes (along with pictures) that are not in our cookbook. We hope you will help us out and test recipes and give us your comments.

Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Chocolate Chip Muffins ~ page 310

Oh so yummy! If I was gonna open up a Bed and Breakfast, this is the muffin I would serve in the mornings. They are like little bite size coffee-cakes. I made mine in a mini muffin tin, so I have lots of these little guys.
The brown sugar that you sprinkle on top adds a nice little crunch, but be careful not to get to sloppy in sprinkling the sugar on the tops, I got alot on the actual muffin tin and it caramelized and took lots of scrubbing to get off! I'll blame me being hurried on the screaming newborn I had in the other room while I was making these. Oh, and I used mini chips since I made mini muffins...the mini chips would be nice in the big muffins also, that way you get a little more chocolate in each bite. I'm getting hungry just looking at these pictures of the muffins, you gotta try these. --Carissa

No comments: