Our Cookbook Blog

Our Cookbook ~ What We Cook, is a compilation of every recipe we (Janice and Carissa) cook - recipes from our cookbook collections, our recipe boxes, and our heads! We set up this blog for friends and family who have our cookbook to let them see pictures we post of the recipes in the book, and also for us to note any corrections, revisions, or additions to What We Cook. We encourage people who are cooking our recipes to let us know how the recipes turn out and any suggestions they might want to make.

In addition, we will be sharing some of our new recipes (along with pictures) that are not in our cookbook. We hope you will help us out and test recipes and give us your comments.

Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Overnight Spinach Manicotti ~ page 99

There is nothing quite like the feeling of getting up in the morning and knowing that dinner for that night is already in the fridge waiting for the oven! Maybe it is just me, but I get excited about that and I love to cook! However this time I tried making this the morning of the day we were baking it. (I was too sleep deprived from a screaming newborn to make it the night before!) It worked great...so if you don't get it made the night before, you still have a chance in the morning!
This recipe has you stuffing uncooked pasta which is soooo much easier than stuffing cooked pasta. Below you will see how I put the filling in a zip lock bag and snip the corner to pipe it into the shells. Works like a charm...just squeeze half in one end, then flip the pasta over and fill the rest from the other end.
Here are the little guys all lined up like soldiers...I added 1/2 pound of ground beef to the filling..I am married to a big meat eater! The only change I made was the recipe called for 5 cups of marinara sauce, it really just needs 4 cups...which is 2 - 24oz. jars. I must have been typing too fast when I typed this recipe up, sorry about that. This is a good way to get some veggies in kids and husbands! -Carissa

No comments: