Our Cookbook Blog

Our Cookbook ~ What We Cook, is a compilation of every recipe we (Janice and Carissa) cook - recipes from our cookbook collections, our recipe boxes, and our heads! We set up this blog for friends and family who have our cookbook to let them see pictures we post of the recipes in the book, and also for us to note any corrections, revisions, or additions to What We Cook. We encourage people who are cooking our recipes to let us know how the recipes turn out and any suggestions they might want to make.

In addition, we will be sharing some of our new recipes (along with pictures) that are not in our cookbook. We hope you will help us out and test recipes and give us your comments.

Sunday, September 5, 2010

Janice's Absolute Best Chocolate Chip Cookie ~ page 195

These cookies are simple and comforting to make, because they are no fuss. This recipe is mixed by hand. Sometimes it just feels good not to pull out the big mixer, but rather simply stir up a batch of cookies in a big bowl with a wooden spoon, like you might imagine your grandmother did.
I add pecans to my cookies, just because my husband, who doesn't really like cookies, can be won over if there are pecans in them!
The butter is melted first, so mixing the wet with the dry ingredients is as easy as a few stirs.
Look at these wonderful big chocolate chips from Ghirardelli (60% cacao) which are more like chocolate chunks! I am embarrassed to say I ate quite a bit of this raw dough before I then ate quite a few cookies. But I had a purpose--I was tasting each pan-full, as I have a new oven, that unlike my old oven that cooked fast--this one cooks slow! So I was experimenting with times and temperatures. So if you have to fiddle a bit with your timing and temp of this recipe--go ahead--do what you need to do to bake these homey, moist, and utterly delicious cookies.

No comments: