Our Cookbook Blog

Our Cookbook ~ What We Cook, is a compilation of every recipe we (Janice and Carissa) cook - recipes from our cookbook collections, our recipe boxes, and our heads! We set up this blog for friends and family who have our cookbook to let them see pictures we post of the recipes in the book, and also for us to note any corrections, revisions, or additions to What We Cook. We encourage people who are cooking our recipes to let us know how the recipes turn out and any suggestions they might want to make.

In addition, we will be sharing some of our new recipes (along with pictures) that are not in our cookbook. We hope you will help us out and test recipes and give us your comments.

Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Cinnamon-Sugar Dipped Blueberry Muffins ~ page 295

I bought some blueberries the other day. I was so excited about eating them on my morning cereal, but they weren't very sweet, so I thought the best thing to do with these berries is to put them in some muffins where the sweet muffin could hide a little of the tartness. It worked great. These have sour cream in them which gives them a luxurious taste, and adds a richness that tastes like it came from a little coffee shop somewhere.
Can you tell my muffin tin has been used 1oo's of times? It is old, but it still produces perfect muffins unlike the new expensive ones I tried buying a couple years ago. Wish I knew what brand this one was. It was a wedding gift I think.
Above is the melted butter that you dip the baked muffins in, then the cinnamon sugar afterwards. This leaves an almost crunchy crust on top, very yummy. The cookbook doesn't say exact amounts...I'll blame that on my mother since it is her recipe. :)
I used 1/4 cup of butter melted, then 1/2 cup white sugar mixed with 1 1/2 teaspoons of cinnamon. Luckily I hid these in my freezer already or I would have eaten several for breakfast! --Carissa

No comments: