Our Cookbook Blog

Our Cookbook ~ What We Cook, is a compilation of every recipe we (Janice and Carissa) cook - recipes from our cookbook collections, our recipe boxes, and our heads! We set up this blog for friends and family who have our cookbook to let them see pictures we post of the recipes in the book, and also for us to note any corrections, revisions, or additions to What We Cook. We encourage people who are cooking our recipes to let us know how the recipes turn out and any suggestions they might want to make.

In addition, we will be sharing some of our new recipes (along with pictures) that are not in our cookbook. We hope you will help us out and test recipes and give us your comments.

Monday, September 20, 2010

Janice's Buttermilk Biscuits ~ page 299

I made these for breakfast the other morning after Ben commented the night before "I love going to bed at night because there's always breakfast to look forward to in the morning!" It's his favorite meal. So I took that as "make me something good for breakfast." And I knew he'd appreciate some of mom's biscuits and gravy, which I have finally mastered (at least in our house) thanks to Janice!

The only round cutter I have is from my plastic kids set and it's 2 3/4" round. This made 10 larger biscuits instead of 12. But a biscuit's a biscuit when they're Janice's buttermilk ones :)


No comments: