Our Cookbook Blog

Our Cookbook ~ What We Cook, is a compilation of every recipe we (Janice and Carissa) cook - recipes from our cookbook collections, our recipe boxes, and our heads! We set up this blog for friends and family who have our cookbook to let them see pictures we post of the recipes in the book, and also for us to note any corrections, revisions, or additions to What We Cook. We encourage people who are cooking our recipes to let us know how the recipes turn out and any suggestions they might want to make.

In addition, we will be sharing some of our new recipes (along with pictures) that are not in our cookbook. We hope you will help us out and test recipes and give us your comments.

Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Fast Veggie and Rice Soup ~ page 46

Adam stayed home from work sick today. It was a cozy day to be home since it was so cold outside. I figured a sick person needs some homemade soup for lunch. I just happened to have most of the ingredients on hand...my zucchini was a little too soft, about to go bad in the fridge (don't tell Adam) so it needed to be used today definitely. I didn't have celery, or fresh basil, but it turned out wonderful. We sprinkled the tops with grated Parmesan cheese. I told Adam it was so healthy that he was gonna bounce right back to his cheery self by the afternoon. Unfortunately he is still propped up on the sofa tonight complaining of not feeling good. Maybe I needed a fresher zucchini after all! :) --Carissa

1 comment:

Carissa said...

I ate the soup leftovers for lunch today and it was even better than yesterday. The rice had thickened it up a bit by absorbing alot of the liquid. I just added a little water to it and it was good to go. YUM!
I left out the cayenne pepper since it was for a sick person, and I'm not sure I even missed it. The Parmesan cheese is what makes it.