Our Cookbook Blog

Our Cookbook ~ What We Cook, is a compilation of every recipe we (Janice and Carissa) cook - recipes from our cookbook collections, our recipe boxes, and our heads! We set up this blog for friends and family who have our cookbook to let them see pictures we post of the recipes in the book, and also for us to note any corrections, revisions, or additions to What We Cook. We encourage people who are cooking our recipes to let us know how the recipes turn out and any suggestions they might want to make.

In addition, we will be sharing some of our new recipes (along with pictures) that are not in our cookbook. We hope you will help us out and test recipes and give us your comments.

Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Number one fan!

I was going to just send Carissa an email telling her all of this, but I just have to tell the world that this is the best cookbook. ever! :-) And I'm not just saying that because I'm family.

Carissa gave me this cookbook for Christmas and when she did, I told her it was my favorite Christmas present ever (since I already use a ton of her recipes I knew I would love the rest). I told her then that it would quickly become the ONLY cookbook I ever use and I really don't think she believed me.

Well, Carissa, I just want you to know that it hasn't even been two whole months and I've already made 22 recipes from it (and that's not counting the recipes I've made more than one time)! I LOVE it! I would really like to claim the spot as your cookbook's biggest fan. Really, is there a reward for the highest number of recipes used? :-) I guess I should have been taking pictures all this time to share with you guys? Oh well, I guess I'll start now!

Also, I keep having friends ask me for recipes and to copy (GASP!) your cookbook, so I'd like to direct them to a place where they can purchase it for themselves...ya'll should add a link on the site for that! I promise to send lots of buying customers to it!

Thanks for the great recipes ladies!


Dacia

3 comments:

Janice Johnson said...

Dacia~ Wow! You know how to make a girl feel good! Thank you so much for sharing your thoughts. It is such a pleasure to know that you are enjoying the cookbook! We are actually putting together a third printing already.

We hope to one day get these printed in a less expensive format(without having to buy a thousand or so of them!)But currently we are using a printing company that will accept small orders, which puts the cookbook at $35.00 (our cost!) a book. We know that is quite high, however, we hope that it is a book that will be cooked out of so much, it will be worth it to those who buy the book!

Carissa and I found that most of the cookbooks we own, we only use 2 or 3 recipes out of! So in that sense, it makes What We Cook a bargain, if you are using it often!

We hope to one day get the book price lower, and maybe even make some money on the cookbooks--but for now we are just happy to share them with others and test the waters to see if others like our recipes!

Please post your pictures and stories about the recipes you make. We love to hear from our test cooks!

PS--feel free to tell friends that we will be placing an order within the next couple months, so just let Carissa know and we will purchase extra books!

Carissa said...

Dacia, I'm so glad you have enjoyed your cookbook! You could be our marketing person! :)
Let us know some of the recipes you have made. We always love to hear what kind of recipes people take an interest in. Definently let me know if any of your friends want a copy, like my mom said, we will be placing an order in the next month or so.

Dacia said...

thanks! i will send out an email to all the people who have asked me for the cookbook or for recipes from it and i'll get you a number! i will also be taking pictures from now on to include in the future! :-)