Our Cookbook Blog

Our Cookbook ~ What We Cook, is a compilation of every recipe we (Janice and Carissa) cook - recipes from our cookbook collections, our recipe boxes, and our heads! We set up this blog for friends and family who have our cookbook to let them see pictures we post of the recipes in the book, and also for us to note any corrections, revisions, or additions to What We Cook. We encourage people who are cooking our recipes to let us know how the recipes turn out and any suggestions they might want to make.

In addition, we will be sharing some of our new recipes (along with pictures) that are not in our cookbook. We hope you will help us out and test recipes and give us your comments.

Thursday, July 22, 2010

Orange Glazed Poppy Seed Loaf ~ page 257

This was so good that I ate half of the loaf myself! I added orange zest to my glaze because I was juicing oranges anyway. It added even more orange flavor.
I wanted 3 loaves so I used one large loaf pan and 2 medium pans...the smaller ones are antique baking dishes that I used to collect from flea markets and such.
Above is the glaze with the orange zest that was so yummy! The only thing differently I would do next time is to grease AND flour the pans. The recipe just says greased pans, I had to shake a bit to get the loaves out. I think the original recipe mentions flouring the pans. I have to go stick the other two loaves in the freezer before I eat them too! --Carissa

No comments: