Our Cookbook Blog

Our Cookbook ~ What We Cook, is a compilation of every recipe we (Janice and Carissa) cook - recipes from our cookbook collections, our recipe boxes, and our heads! We set up this blog for friends and family who have our cookbook to let them see pictures we post of the recipes in the book, and also for us to note any corrections, revisions, or additions to What We Cook. We encourage people who are cooking our recipes to let us know how the recipes turn out and any suggestions they might want to make.

In addition, we will be sharing some of our new recipes (along with pictures) that are not in our cookbook. We hope you will help us out and test recipes and give us your comments.

Friday, July 30, 2010

Crispy Baked Chicken Breasts ~ page 140

Carissa blogged about this wonderful chicken a few months ago..but I thought I would add my two bits, plus a few more pictures. Remember that you can look at the archives or the search box on the blog to find recipes that have been blogged about to get all the tips and pictures that aren't in the cookbook!
I made this for my grandsons, thinking that anything with rice crispy's would be loved by kids--and this was, although it is really a very sophisticated tasting chicken dish. Your are supposed to slightly crush the cereal, but I forgot to..I spread the crispy's along with the flour and seasonings on a tray to mix and coat my raw chicken it.
I only made half the recipe because my chicken breasts were quite large. The combination of the rice crispy's and butter make for a luscious crunchy coating. Don't overcook the chicken, so that when you cut into them they are juicy and moist. These were perfect!
I served this chicken with the Cheesy Scalloped Potato Sticks (pg. 93), and some steamed broccoli. The combination made for an outstanding and fast meal for kids and adults.

No comments: