Our Cookbook Blog

Our Cookbook ~ What We Cook, is a compilation of every recipe we (Janice and Carissa) cook - recipes from our cookbook collections, our recipe boxes, and our heads! We set up this blog for friends and family who have our cookbook to let them see pictures we post of the recipes in the book, and also for us to note any corrections, revisions, or additions to What We Cook. We encourage people who are cooking our recipes to let us know how the recipes turn out and any suggestions they might want to make.

In addition, we will be sharing some of our new recipes (along with pictures) that are not in our cookbook. We hope you will help us out and test recipes and give us your comments.

Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Cheesy Italian Bread ~ page 277

This is an easy bread that can be mixed with a spoon and doesn't need much kneading. I admit I did cook it about a minute too long, but even so, it was fabulous tasting!
Rising time is fast...
I used a pizza roller to spread the dough to the thickness of a pizza. You can also do this with your fingers.
The dough is spread with a topping of Italian salad dressing, spices, and cheese.
I chopped my cheese up because I was too lazy to grate it.
After it bakes, use a pizza cutter to cut it up.
And don't worry, if you overcook it--it is still very good! I served this with the Minestrone Soup on page 50, and the two recipes work perfectly together.

2 comments:

Carissa said...

I had a few things to add....My mom was at my house when she made this, I didn't have Italian dressing so we used balsalmic dressing with no problems. We did cut down the amount of dressing that we used. A 1/4 cup seemed a bit much, it could have been that we rolled the bread smaller, not sure. But anyway, pour the dressing slowly and just add what you need. She actually didn't overcook it, I just had my oven rack a little high and forgot to move it, but like she said, it was still great!

Carissa said...
This comment has been removed by the author.