Our Cookbook Blog

Our Cookbook ~ What We Cook, is a compilation of every recipe we (Janice and Carissa) cook - recipes from our cookbook collections, our recipe boxes, and our heads! We set up this blog for friends and family who have our cookbook to let them see pictures we post of the recipes in the book, and also for us to note any corrections, revisions, or additions to What We Cook. We encourage people who are cooking our recipes to let us know how the recipes turn out and any suggestions they might want to make.

In addition, we will be sharing some of our new recipes (along with pictures) that are not in our cookbook. We hope you will help us out and test recipes and give us your comments.

Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Buttery Cranberry Almond Biscotti ~ page 198

My cousin Monica's birthday is coming up, and she is away from home right now, so I thought I'd send her a little birthday treat to cheer her up! Last time I mailed cookies, and I think half of them broke she said! So I'm going with the Biscotti route this time. So, Monica if you are reading this, just act surprised when you get a package in the mail for your birthday! :) Above is a picture of the large logs going in the oven for the first baking session. (the white stuff is sugar that is sprinkled on top) Below is a picture of the logs after baking once, I sliced them up and got them ready for their next tanning session! I did cut mine a little on the thick side, but that is just personal preference, I like them chewier.
And here are the beauties all done! I have them in the freezer right now so I don't eat them all before I mail them to Monica, but they are still going fast! (who knew frozen biscotti was so good!?!) The recipe was flawless, though I did cut back 2 minutes on the final baking times, because I like mine not as crunchy as most people do. I don't sit and casually dunk mine in coffee, I stuff them in my mouth fast before one of my kids rounds the corner sees me and begs for one! There are just not enough to go around for Monica, me and the kids! --Carissa


No comments: