Our Cookbook Blog

Our Cookbook ~ What We Cook, is a compilation of every recipe we (Janice and Carissa) cook - recipes from our cookbook collections, our recipe boxes, and our heads! We set up this blog for friends and family who have our cookbook to let them see pictures we post of the recipes in the book, and also for us to note any corrections, revisions, or additions to What We Cook. We encourage people who are cooking our recipes to let us know how the recipes turn out and any suggestions they might want to make.

In addition, we will be sharing some of our new recipes (along with pictures) that are not in our cookbook. We hope you will help us out and test recipes and give us your comments.

Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Citrus Grilled Pork Tenderloin ~ page 178

Carissa has served me this grilled pork loin a few times, but this was my first time to make it myself.  It was hard to believe it would cook as fast as she says in the recipe, but actually, it cooked even faster! It was past the recommended temperature before I noticed. But I guess it was not too far gone, as it was still tender and delicious.

 I put the pork tenderloin in the marinade before I went out the door to go shopping for several hours.
The marinade was fast and easy to put together, because I have a HUGE rosemary bush at the edge of my patio. It is so nice to have fresh herbs always available. I highly recommend planting a rosemary bush. (And don't worry--it is very easy to grow and needs no special care at all.) Many of our recipes use fresh rosemary.

When I got home from shopping, I just heated the grill, and put my tenderloin on. Oh, I did have a surprise in that after it marinaded, it split--seems I had 2 tenderloins in one--which is probably why it cooked so fast. So we ate one, and put the other in the freezer to save for the Pork Curry in a Hurry (pg 182).

No comments: