Our Cookbook Blog

Our Cookbook ~ What We Cook, is a compilation of every recipe we (Janice and Carissa) cook - recipes from our cookbook collections, our recipe boxes, and our heads! We set up this blog for friends and family who have our cookbook to let them see pictures we post of the recipes in the book, and also for us to note any corrections, revisions, or additions to What We Cook. We encourage people who are cooking our recipes to let us know how the recipes turn out and any suggestions they might want to make.

In addition, we will be sharing some of our new recipes (along with pictures) that are not in our cookbook. We hope you will help us out and test recipes and give us your comments.

Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Salmon Patties ~ page 185

I made these for lunch today, after being out of town for several days--meaning I needed to go to the grocery store. So I looked to see what I could cook from my pantry. A can of salmon is handy to keep on the pantry shelf! I cut this recipe in half, since I just had a small can of salmon. I don't like a lot of crackers in my patties, so I usually just mix in a few at a time till it all holds together. For half a recipe I used about 9 Ritz crackers. I also had some green onions and fresh parsley on hand, so chopped those fine and added it to the salmon, even though that is not in the recipe. It was a nice addition, I think.
I wanted to show you a handy trick for crushing crackers--just put them in a plastic baggie, and run your rolling pin over them to cush them.
If you wanted to make your salmon patties up early in the day, they can easily be made into patties then covered with plastic wrap and refrigerated till ready to cook.
We like our salmon patties with a bottle of hot sauce on the table, or you can use the Lemon Dill Sauce recipe at the bottom of the page. It is delicious for those that want to keep things mild.

No comments: