Our Cookbook Blog

Our Cookbook ~ What We Cook, is a compilation of every recipe we (Janice and Carissa) cook - recipes from our cookbook collections, our recipe boxes, and our heads! We set up this blog for friends and family who have our cookbook to let them see pictures we post of the recipes in the book, and also for us to note any corrections, revisions, or additions to What We Cook. We encourage people who are cooking our recipes to let us know how the recipes turn out and any suggestions they might want to make.

In addition, we will be sharing some of our new recipes (along with pictures) that are not in our cookbook. We hope you will help us out and test recipes and give us your comments.

Friday, March 12, 2010

Easy Pork Chops ~ page 179

I have made this recipe more times than I can count because I bought a family pack of pork chops at our commissary on sale and I'm currently trying to use up all the meat in my house before we move in a couple of weeks. I took this picture a while back. I should have taken one of the meal I made last night because I served it with Carissa's twice baked potatoes and garlic green beans and carrots. So yummy and the perfect combo. My guests loved it all! Their 18 month old was particularly fond of the potatoes and she and my 2 year old both had seconds. I was also able to steam some of the carrots a little longer and set them aside for my 9 month old, so it was a hit for all!
The pork chops are so great and just like the recipe says...EASY! It allows you to spend some extra time on the sides if you want to while the chops are in the oven, OR do like I did in the above picture and serve the pork with a couple of bags of microwave steamed vegetables if you are in a hurry or are packing to leave for a big trip the next morning (like I was). :-)
And Carissa is so right about the Panko bread crumbs. I didn't try it any other way, but I can tell they make all the difference in this recipe! I am forever a fan of Panko now!!

2 comments:

Janice Johnson said...

Carissa sold me on Panko crumbs about a year ago--I had not even heard of them before that. They really are wonderful, I agree!

jdphelan said...

I'm trying these "EASY" pork chops tonight. SO excited!!! :o)