Our Cookbook Blog

Our Cookbook ~ What We Cook, is a compilation of every recipe we (Janice and Carissa) cook - recipes from our cookbook collections, our recipe boxes, and our heads! We set up this blog for friends and family who have our cookbook to let them see pictures we post of the recipes in the book, and also for us to note any corrections, revisions, or additions to What We Cook. We encourage people who are cooking our recipes to let us know how the recipes turn out and any suggestions they might want to make.

In addition, we will be sharing some of our new recipes (along with pictures) that are not in our cookbook. We hope you will help us out and test recipes and give us your comments.

Thursday, March 11, 2010

Honey Peppered Salmon ~ page 180


I made this salmon with the Crunchy Romaine Toss and some steamed asparagus. It was a very light meal especially since the fish has no oil added to it...just honey and pepper! I did use Agave Nectar instead of honey with great results. Sorry about the fuzzy picture above, my camera has good and bad days! Here is a picture of the fish marinading. My daughters thought the skin was so cool, they kept petting it, wanting to name the fish! I guess they had never felt the slippery skin of a fish before. For this dinner my guests were about 20 minutes late, I just covered the fish and let it sit once it came out of the oven, then once they arrived I popped it back in for 5 minutes to reheat it, worked great. I was nervous about overcooked fish, but everyone went for seconds, that is always a good sign!
--Carissa

No comments: