Our Cookbook Blog

Our Cookbook ~ What We Cook, is a compilation of every recipe we (Janice and Carissa) cook - recipes from our cookbook collections, our recipe boxes, and our heads! We set up this blog for friends and family who have our cookbook to let them see pictures we post of the recipes in the book, and also for us to note any corrections, revisions, or additions to What We Cook. We encourage people who are cooking our recipes to let us know how the recipes turn out and any suggestions they might want to make.

In addition, we will be sharing some of our new recipes (along with pictures) that are not in our cookbook. We hope you will help us out and test recipes and give us your comments.

Thursday, March 18, 2010

Enchiladas with Homemade Sauce ~ page 153

Well, the original recipe is called Beef and Turkey Enchiladas with Homemade Sauce, but I had part of a rotisserie chicken I wanted to use, so I followed the recipe, with a couple of changes: Chicken instead of beef/turkey, cilantro instead of parsley, and all we had was colby jack cheese so that's what I used. I also had to add salt to the enchilada sauce, but I think that's because neither my tomato sauce nor my chili powder had salt (I think most do). I made this with corn tortillas and it gave the dish a sort of casserole-like consistency, but we all loved it!


This is before they went in the oven... we were a little
too hectic by the time we dug in to take another pic!

No comments: