Our Cookbook Blog

Our Cookbook ~ What We Cook, is a compilation of every recipe we (Janice and Carissa) cook - recipes from our cookbook collections, our recipe boxes, and our heads! We set up this blog for friends and family who have our cookbook to let them see pictures we post of the recipes in the book, and also for us to note any corrections, revisions, or additions to What We Cook. We encourage people who are cooking our recipes to let us know how the recipes turn out and any suggestions they might want to make.

In addition, we will be sharing some of our new recipes (along with pictures) that are not in our cookbook. We hope you will help us out and test recipes and give us your comments.

Monday, March 15, 2010

Penne Pasta with Roasted Veggies ~ page 100

This is a yummy dish to keep in the fridge and eat on for several days. I didn't have asparagus, so I followed the recipe exactly except for that. I kinda missed the asparagus, so next time I will make sure I have it. Below is a picture of my veggies pre-roast. I just mixed the tomatoes in and cooked them the same as the other veggies, they were really soft, but I didn't mind.
The recipe has a missed step...it forgets to tell you to chop up the veggies after you roast them into bite sized pieces. But I bet you could have figured that one out. Any of you that order a cookbook from our next batch which will be in 2 weeks, will get a corrected copy. We are correcting recipes as we find things that need to be changed, so make sure and let us know if you have found any!
Below is a picture of how I used some of the leftovers...in a salad! I didn't have to cut up any salad veggies, I already had them in the pasta! A great and FAST vegetarian dinner if you have this in the fridge already! --Carissa



1 comment:

Holly said...

you know I'll be making this one -- it looks delicious!