Our Cookbook Blog

Our Cookbook ~ What We Cook, is a compilation of every recipe we (Janice and Carissa) cook - recipes from our cookbook collections, our recipe boxes, and our heads! We set up this blog for friends and family who have our cookbook to let them see pictures we post of the recipes in the book, and also for us to note any corrections, revisions, or additions to What We Cook. We encourage people who are cooking our recipes to let us know how the recipes turn out and any suggestions they might want to make.

In addition, we will be sharing some of our new recipes (along with pictures) that are not in our cookbook. We hope you will help us out and test recipes and give us your comments.

Saturday, June 26, 2010

Cranberry Muffins ~ page 314

I made the cranberry muffins last night with cranberries from the freezer... they were easy and yummy! I used fresh squeezed orange juice from a couple oranges I had in the fridge, and the batter smelled so good, but it did lose the orange flavor after baking. I'm sure they would be good with some orange extract or zest, cranberry goes so well with orange.
The only other change I made was to use 1 c white flour, 1 c whole wheat flour and 1/4 c flax meal, since these were to be nutritiously kid-friendly. I upped the baking powder to 2 full tsp and they rose quite nicely, plenty fluffy and moist! They weren't very sweet, but they were perfect for us. You might consider adding a 1/4 c of sugar if you like a more dessert-like muffin.

I think there is something a little wrong with me... I have gotten to where a muffin looks naked if I don't top it with something! So these got a sprinkle of oats just to look nice :)

No comments: