Our Cookbook Blog

Our Cookbook ~ What We Cook, is a compilation of every recipe we (Janice and Carissa) cook - recipes from our cookbook collections, our recipe boxes, and our heads! We set up this blog for friends and family who have our cookbook to let them see pictures we post of the recipes in the book, and also for us to note any corrections, revisions, or additions to What We Cook. We encourage people who are cooking our recipes to let us know how the recipes turn out and any suggestions they might want to make.

In addition, we will be sharing some of our new recipes (along with pictures) that are not in our cookbook. We hope you will help us out and test recipes and give us your comments.

Friday, June 11, 2010

Green Curry Chicken ~ page 129

This dish was made by Carissa's new sister-in-law, Rachel, a while back, and she had a fabulous finished picture of the dish (look it up in the Archives), but I will add some preparation pictures to help you along the way.
Here is my set up of ingredients: coconut milk, Thai green curry paste (found in the Asian food isle of the grocery store), garlic, grated ginger, fresh green beans, onions, and cut up chicken breasts. I also used Asian chili paste, instead of the cayenne called for--just because I had it.
Cook the spices, onion, and garlic, then add  the chicken. I later wished I had cut my chicken hunks just a little smaller, so that the tasty sauce could get further into each piece. I think 1-inch cubes would work well--mine were 11/2-2 inches.
After reducing the sauce some, add the fresh green beans to cook.
I added raisins as a garnish--the sweet contrasts nicely with the spicy flavors going on. I used a heavy amount of the hot chili paste, because we like our curry to fight back a little! But this is tasty even when made mild.  This recipe pairs well with the Bok Choy salad on page 63.

No comments: