Our Cookbook Blog

Our Cookbook ~ What We Cook, is a compilation of every recipe we (Janice and Carissa) cook - recipes from our cookbook collections, our recipe boxes, and our heads! We set up this blog for friends and family who have our cookbook to let them see pictures we post of the recipes in the book, and also for us to note any corrections, revisions, or additions to What We Cook. We encourage people who are cooking our recipes to let us know how the recipes turn out and any suggestions they might want to make.

In addition, we will be sharing some of our new recipes (along with pictures) that are not in our cookbook. We hope you will help us out and test recipes and give us your comments.

Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Speedy Chicken Piccata ~ page 136

Yummy! That is what we had for dinner tonight! The chicken was so tender and juicy. The directions say to cut each chicken breast in half, but it doesn't say which way...it needs to be lengthwise. That way you only have to pound them flat a few times for each breast. Below shows my trick of using a plastic cereal bag, the are so much sturdier than plastic wrap for pounding. The cookbook says 4 servings, but it is really more like 6 servings, or even 8 if one thin chicken breast is enough for you. It is so good, you may just want the other half of your breast! :)
After they are split and pounded, I salt and pepper them and then dust them with flour. ( I only had 3 breast in the freezer.)


Once sauteed they are so juicy.. here is the one I was cutting up for my kids, don't know if you can tell or not from the pic, but it was very moist.


I searched online for what to serve my chicken with and apparently the popular choice is polenta. So I pulled out my Giada De Laurentiis cookbook that Adam gave me for Mother's Day several years ago and found a recipe for polenta in there. I changed it to make it a little lower in fat, and it turned out REALLY good! My kids were licking their plates! I just had to include a pic of my 2 year old Evelyn dressed up for her royal dinner of Chicken and Polenta! The polenta turned out so good, I just had to add it to the "New Recipe" tab at the top of the blog....so now everyone can have polenta. When you got a chance, check out the tab. I am excited to try out fried polenta in the morning with my leftovers. --Carissa






1 comment:

Holly said...

this looks DELICIOUS. I love polenta, but it can be pretty fattening, so I'm excited to try this!!