Our Cookbook Blog

Our Cookbook ~ What We Cook, is a compilation of every recipe we (Janice and Carissa) cook - recipes from our cookbook collections, our recipe boxes, and our heads! We set up this blog for friends and family who have our cookbook to let them see pictures we post of the recipes in the book, and also for us to note any corrections, revisions, or additions to What We Cook. We encourage people who are cooking our recipes to let us know how the recipes turn out and any suggestions they might want to make.

In addition, we will be sharing some of our new recipes (along with pictures) that are not in our cookbook. We hope you will help us out and test recipes and give us your comments.

Thursday, June 10, 2010

Green Bean Toss ~ page 97

I can't believe I have missed out on this recipe until now.  This was Carissa's, but I had never tried it. Green beans can be so boring, but this takes it up to company level with very little effort. 

I love my electric steamer. It cooks any vegetable to perfection without any trouble. Carissa gave me this steamer for Christmas one year, and I often wonder how I ever did without it.
Mix up the dressing with the onion and herbs in the serving bowl while your green beans are steaming. I toasted my walnuts 5 minutes, then set them aside until the last minute to keep them crisp. I added some small diced (raw) red bell pepper, just because I had some I needed to use up; it is a great addition.
Toss everything together and you are ready to serve this tasty, delicious side dish. I guarantee you will make this often! It is supposed to serve 4, but the two of us ate it all...

No comments: