Our Cookbook Blog

Our Cookbook ~ What We Cook, is a compilation of every recipe we (Janice and Carissa) cook - recipes from our cookbook collections, our recipe boxes, and our heads! We set up this blog for friends and family who have our cookbook to let them see pictures we post of the recipes in the book, and also for us to note any corrections, revisions, or additions to What We Cook. We encourage people who are cooking our recipes to let us know how the recipes turn out and any suggestions they might want to make.

In addition, we will be sharing some of our new recipes (along with pictures) that are not in our cookbook. We hope you will help us out and test recipes and give us your comments.

Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Creamy Cajun Chicken Pasta ~ page 127

This was quick to throw together tonight for dinner, not many ingredients. I think this would be really yummy with shrimp for something different. At first I thought there was a typo in the amount of cream, it seemed a bit runny, but once I stirred in the pasta, and got the table set, the pasta had soaked up all the extra. It was very yummy!
The only change I did was to use fresh basil instead of dried. I also used sun dried tomatoes that were packed in oil instead of dehydrated ones. I think they have more flavor, although beware, they are more expensive! Below is a picture of how the tomatoes come in case you have never bought them before.

I cut them in slivers...
Lillian, my 5 year old LOVES to stir while I'm cooking!

I cut the chicken into bite-size strips for easy eating at the table without knives.

For the kid friendly report....They both loved it! Here the 2 year old is literally shoveling it in!

Now, they both drank twice as much milk as they usually do at dinner to off set the spicy chicken, but the heat didn't seem to be to much for them, I used 3 1/2 teaspoons of the Cajun seasoning.
You can keep these ingredients on hand for a really quick week-night meal! --Carissa

No comments: