Our Cookbook Blog

Our Cookbook ~ What We Cook, is a compilation of every recipe we (Janice and Carissa) cook - recipes from our cookbook collections, our recipe boxes, and our heads! We set up this blog for friends and family who have our cookbook to let them see pictures we post of the recipes in the book, and also for us to note any corrections, revisions, or additions to What We Cook. We encourage people who are cooking our recipes to let us know how the recipes turn out and any suggestions they might want to make.

In addition, we will be sharing some of our new recipes (along with pictures) that are not in our cookbook. We hope you will help us out and test recipes and give us your comments.

Thursday, April 8, 2010

Crunchy Romaine Toss ~ page 66

I served this salad as a side dish to my guests and it was a big hit! The recipe is correct in that it does make a ton of dressing! I wish I would have read the directions more closely ahead of time and not eagerly poured it all on (I can never have too much dressing, so I thought it was safe) :-)
Here is a picture of what my dressing looked like before I tossed it ALL into the salad:
The ramen noodles in my topping were a tad bit too hard for me, so I'm not sure if I should have browned them a little longer or if that's how they are supposed to be...but it did make for great (not soggy) leftover salad because of it.
Everyone loved it! I will definitely be making this again!

5 comments:

Janice Johnson said...

Dacia, you are really perfecting the picture taking--those pics and your pretty dishes look professional! Yes, that is enough dressing for at least 2 salads I think, although I personally use very minimal of any dressing, as hubby does not like much dressing. You will help the hard crunch factor of the ramen noodles if you break them up more. I usually break them, and smash on them some before I open the packet...then break up any leftover larger clumps.

Dacia said...

thanks, janice. that's kinda what i was thinking about the ramen. i'll try that next time. i've been learning picture taking lessons from one of my best friends who is a professional photog. she was impressed with those last pics i took. she was actually here Easter weekend when i made another one of your recipes and she took some pics of them for me. she's sending them and i'll add them to the blog once i get them. :-)

Dacia said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Dacia said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Janice Johnson said...

Hey, can you post some of your photo taking tips? Food is tricky to photograph--I am sure all of us could use a little help!