Our Cookbook Blog

Our Cookbook ~ What We Cook, is a compilation of every recipe we (Janice and Carissa) cook - recipes from our cookbook collections, our recipe boxes, and our heads! We set up this blog for friends and family who have our cookbook to let them see pictures we post of the recipes in the book, and also for us to note any corrections, revisions, or additions to What We Cook. We encourage people who are cooking our recipes to let us know how the recipes turn out and any suggestions they might want to make.

In addition, we will be sharing some of our new recipes (along with pictures) that are not in our cookbook. We hope you will help us out and test recipes and give us your comments.

Monday, April 19, 2010

Pulled Pork Quesadillas~ p. 183

My husband rated this a '9' on a scale of 1 to 10 of the best meals I've ever cooked for him. This is saying a lot because my husband and I really love food. You should all try this recipe.
The sweet of the papaya nectar/orange juice combined with spice of the adobo sauce and chipotle peppers, coupled with the intense flavors of the beer and worcestershire sauce (along with the rest of the ingredients) make this sauce for the pork AH-MAZING! Loved the cilantro and avacado on the quesadilla as well. The flavors just work together so well. I can't say enough positive things about this dish!
I took Carissa's advice from the cookbook and served black beans alongside the dish, but I don't know the first thing about making fried plantains, so I passed on that until I can get a tutorial from Carissa. :-)

I also served fresh guacamole and homemade white corn tortilla chips with this meal and it really completed it. The mango I used in the fruit salad just happened to be perfect and I think it was a great compliment to the sweet in the pork from the quesadillas.
This makes A LOT of meat which can save on cooking times later in the week. Taylor added a little BBQ sauce on top of some of the leftovers for a BBQ pulled pork sandwich for lunch a couple of times and I plan on making pork tacos in white corn tortillas with the remainder of the pork this week. We've already made the quesadillas twice with the same batch of meat. It's lasted us a while.

No comments: