Our Cookbook Blog

Our Cookbook ~ What We Cook, is a compilation of every recipe we (Janice and Carissa) cook - recipes from our cookbook collections, our recipe boxes, and our heads! We set up this blog for friends and family who have our cookbook to let them see pictures we post of the recipes in the book, and also for us to note any corrections, revisions, or additions to What We Cook. We encourage people who are cooking our recipes to let us know how the recipes turn out and any suggestions they might want to make.

In addition, we will be sharing some of our new recipes (along with pictures) that are not in our cookbook. We hope you will help us out and test recipes and give us your comments.

Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Peanut Butter Chocolate Chips Cookies ~ page 214

If you like the combination of peanut butter and chocolate, you will love this cookie. 

There are a couple blips in this recipe though...ok, mistakes..(it is hard to say that..) Who knows where my mind was when I typed this one up. I was taking the info off of a scrap of paper from a long ago friend, and everything was written as minimally as possible...so I had to fill in the blanks each time I made it for the past 15 years! Anyway, in the cookbook, it says to add 2 tablespoons of vanilla extract. Well, if you have ever made cookies before, you know that is too much! It should read 2 teaspoons. And when the recipe calls for 1 1/4 sticks butter, the recipe says that is 3/4 cup, but that is not right. 1 1/4 sticks equals 10 tablespoons (1 stick plus 2 tablespoons).  These corrections will also be on the recipe correction tab at the top of the blog.

Now, back to the business of this wonderful cookie...
I am not one of those people that goes nuts over eating raw cookie dough...I would prefer to wait till my cookie is baked to perfection. However...with this cookie, I can't seem to stop eating the dough! By the time I have them baked, I am sure I eat an equivalent of 4 raw cookies. This dough is just so yummy (and I don't say "yummy" often)!
I like to use these giant dark chocolate chips. They are almost twice the size of regular chips. They cost about 30 cents more than the Hershey's, so it is not a big price jump to enjoy these great chips.
I thought maybe all these luscious pictures might help make up for the corrections you will need to make to your cookbook for this recipe.

2 comments:

Janice Johnson said...

One more comment I will add about Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies: this is probably the easiest, most foolproof of all our cookies. There are no little tricks to getting it to turn out perfect every time. It is sturdy--but tender, mixes up quickly, and travels well without breaking. And they turn out the same every single time you make them.

Dacia said...

okay, taylor saw these pictures over my shoulder when i was reading the blog and convinced me to make these tonight! :-)