Our Cookbook Blog

Our Cookbook ~ What We Cook, is a compilation of every recipe we (Janice and Carissa) cook - recipes from our cookbook collections, our recipe boxes, and our heads! We set up this blog for friends and family who have our cookbook to let them see pictures we post of the recipes in the book, and also for us to note any corrections, revisions, or additions to What We Cook. We encourage people who are cooking our recipes to let us know how the recipes turn out and any suggestions they might want to make.

In addition, we will be sharing some of our new recipes (along with pictures) that are not in our cookbook. We hope you will help us out and test recipes and give us your comments.

Thursday, April 15, 2010

Pizza Dough ~ page 285

This crust is so fast in the food processor! I made pesto and spread that on first for the sauce, then one pizza got sliced tomatoes and cheese while the other one got grilled chicken and cheese. Both were wonderful. Get creative with your toppings!
This crust is versatile in that you can roll it thicker for a chewier crust like I usually do, but then tonight I tried rolling it super thin for a crispy crust. I might actually like the thin crust best. I pre-baked each one about 6 minutes, a few minutes less than when I roll the dough thicker.

Above is what the dough looks like coming out of the food processor...just knead it around on the counter a few times and it makes a nice little ball.


There is Lillian working hard on her ball of dough.

Above is a picture of the little guys in their sauna. I turn my empty oven on for 2 minutes or so, then turn it off. Then in the off, but warm oven I set my dough and let it sit in warmth for 1 1/2 hours. They don't grow a ton since each batch has only 1 teaspoon of yeast. This is a double batch, one recipe in each bowl. I wanted to stock my freezer with baked dough, so I made extra.


Below is a picture I took so you can see the size and amount of crust that 1 recipe makes. Normally one recipe makes 2 medium crusts, but because I rolled my super thin, I got one extra crust out of the recipe! These have been baked for 6 minutes each and ready to go in the freezer for a super quick dinner soon! I know the shapes and sizes are pretty rustic and irregular, but it adds charm I think, makes them look homemade! -Carissa







No comments: