Our Cookbook Blog

Our Cookbook ~ What We Cook, is a compilation of every recipe we (Janice and Carissa) cook - recipes from our cookbook collections, our recipe boxes, and our heads! We set up this blog for friends and family who have our cookbook to let them see pictures we post of the recipes in the book, and also for us to note any corrections, revisions, or additions to What We Cook. We encourage people who are cooking our recipes to let us know how the recipes turn out and any suggestions they might want to make.

In addition, we will be sharing some of our new recipes (along with pictures) that are not in our cookbook. We hope you will help us out and test recipes and give us your comments.

Thursday, April 22, 2010

Indian Chicken in Tomato Cream Sauce ~ page 117

Well, it was another one of those nights where I needed to go to the grocery store. I was secretly hoping Adam would say we could just go out for fast food so I didn't have to cook...but he didn't, so I pulled out my old faithful cookbook. This recipe has alot of flavor for not much work or time. I always keep rotisserie chicken in my freezer, and I make Indian food often enough that I always have Indian spices around. The ingredient I didn't have were the frozen peas, which probably made Adam very happy since he doesn't really care for them much. After much digging in the freezer I found 1/3 bag of edamame (soy beans), I figured they were close enough and healthier anyway. Oh, one other change, I didn't have cream so I used a can of evaporated milk and all turned out great! Since it was a little spicy for my 2 year old I just made her a little plate of edamame, rice and rotisserie chicken that I held back from the sauce. So it was easy to make it a family friendly meal. There was one little typo...just when we think we have caught everything...something else pops up! In Step 3 it says to add tomato sauce and diced tomatoes, but it forgets to tell you to add the tomato paste in at that time also. Sorry about that. --Carissa

1 comment:

Janice Johnson said...

Even when a correction is mentioned in a post, we still add it to the correction page under the Corrections Tab. So have a look often. The newest cookbook printing (third printing, mentioned on the bottom of page 10)has all the corrections in it up to when it was printed. But as you see, we are still finding more to add to our list! Thanks to everyone who brings things to our attention to correct.