Our Cookbook Blog

Our Cookbook ~ What We Cook, is a compilation of every recipe we (Janice and Carissa) cook - recipes from our cookbook collections, our recipe boxes, and our heads! We set up this blog for friends and family who have our cookbook to let them see pictures we post of the recipes in the book, and also for us to note any corrections, revisions, or additions to What We Cook. We encourage people who are cooking our recipes to let us know how the recipes turn out and any suggestions they might want to make.

In addition, we will be sharing some of our new recipes (along with pictures) that are not in our cookbook. We hope you will help us out and test recipes and give us your comments.

Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Pork Curry in a Hurry ~ page 182

I froze half my leftover Citrus Grilled Pork Tenderloin just to make this dish one day when I was in a hurry. Today I was not only in a hurry, but had some leftover this and that in the fridge which I needed to use up before I went out of town for the weekend. This is a very forgiving recipe. Don't worry if you need to substitute ingredients here and there. This picture shows sweetened shredded coconut as a garnish. Anything sweet seems to go well with curry.
I didn't have red pepper, but I had jarred roasted peppers. (These are very handy to have on hand. They last forever--kind of like olives will, and they add color and flavor to so many recipes.) My peanuts were not dry roasted, but party peanuts...oh, well.
I added some broccoli slaw to the onions and celery as they sautéed. (Needed to use the last of it up.) I also added some chopped fresh jalapeño pepper I had.
Just before serving, stir in the chopped apple to warm.  If I were serving this to guests, I think it would be fun to have little bowls on the table for people to sprinkle condiment choices on the top of their curry. In addition to shredded coconut, I like raisins, extra chopped peanuts, chopped dried apricots, and sliced green onion. (The dried apricots are especially amazing with curry--I tried this at lunch today!)

No comments: