Our Cookbook Blog

Our Cookbook ~ What We Cook, is a compilation of every recipe we (Janice and Carissa) cook - recipes from our cookbook collections, our recipe boxes, and our heads! We set up this blog for friends and family who have our cookbook to let them see pictures we post of the recipes in the book, and also for us to note any corrections, revisions, or additions to What We Cook. We encourage people who are cooking our recipes to let us know how the recipes turn out and any suggestions they might want to make.

In addition, we will be sharing some of our new recipes (along with pictures) that are not in our cookbook. We hope you will help us out and test recipes and give us your comments.

Monday, April 26, 2010

Saucy Mushroom Porkchops ~ page 186

This was a recipe I got when I was first married (thanks Heather!), maybe that is why I am sentimental about it. The rice is so yummy, I usually look forward to it more than the chops even. I know alot of you aren't into using canned soup. But every once in a while I just have to go for the convenience!
I tried to save some money and use pork chops that were cut thin...I would not recommend that. I thought they cooked too fast and weren't as tender as they usually are. Go for the thicker chops, then you don't have to eat 2 of them like we did! Also, I know in the recipe it says you can use boneless or bone-in...If you have a choice get bone-in. Any meat cooked with the bone in, is gonna be better....more moist, and more flavor.

Below is to show you what the casserole dish looks like coming out of the oven.





1 comment:

Carissa said...

I was at the grocery store today and glanced at the pork chops...there were some that were super thick, like an inch to 1.5 inches! When I say to use thick chops in this recipe I mean around 3/4 inch. Mainly just not the ones that are 1/2 inch and under.