I didn't have enough chocolate chips to make 8 oz., so I dug in my pantry and was delighted to find 4 Hersey's Kiss candies from Valentine's Day! I quickly unwrapped the pink foil from them but was sad to see I was still off a touch on my total weight. So after more digging in the pantry I found some chocolate bars leftover from our Christmas stockings at Adam's grandmother's house ....(thanks Granny, you saved the day...I mean the cake! ) So with my assortment of chocolates, I proceeded.....but as you know nothing ever goes as planned when little kiddos are involved. I turned the burner on to melt my chocolate and then wouldn't you know my 2 year old started yelling from the bathroom that she needed help going potty! Thinking to myself that I would be back in 30 seconds, I left the burner on. Well, 10 minutes later, my smoke detector was going off! (the toddler bathroom trip had taken a bit longer than I had planned! )
Well, the most expensive ingredients in this recipe were in that pan. I wasn't about to start over digging for more leftover holiday candy in the pantry. So, I said a quick prayer over the scorched chocolate and continued with the recipe.
I bet you are wondering what the end result was......it was very yummy! No one could tell I had burnt chocolate in there! :) In fact it was really quite delicious! The whole family gobbled it down.