Our Cookbook Blog

Our Cookbook ~ What We Cook, is a compilation of every recipe we (Janice and Carissa) cook - recipes from our cookbook collections, our recipe boxes, and our heads! We set up this blog for friends and family who have our cookbook to let them see pictures we post of the recipes in the book, and also for us to note any corrections, revisions, or additions to What We Cook. We encourage people who are cooking our recipes to let us know how the recipes turn out and any suggestions they might want to make.

In addition, we will be sharing some of our new recipes (along with pictures) that are not in our cookbook. We hope you will help us out and test recipes and give us your comments.

Monday, May 10, 2010

Angel Hair with Fresh Herbs and Tomato ~ page 88

This would be a great side dish, although I made it a main dish by adding shrimp, there is a picture at the end showing the shrimp.
The recipe calls for goat cheese, but I wasn't thinking straight at the grocery store and bought Feta (I'll blame it on the pregnancy hormones) So I went ahead and proceeded anyway. I thought it was a fine substitute, although not as creamy as goat cheese would have been. I also forgot to buy angel hair pasta, so regular spaghetti it was!

The tomato mixture looked and tasted like something you would put on bruschetta!
Below is how many tomatoes it takes to make a pound. The recipe calls for a pound, but I was a little shy with Roma tomatoes, so I added some leftover sliced tomatoes I had in the fridge. So for those out there wondering how many tomatoes you need to buy...I say 7 Roma tomatoes.

In case you don't know what a caper looks like...here you go! Yummy little guys! They taste like pickles.
Below is a picture of our tasty dinner with shrimp added on top! YUM! I can't wait to try it with goat cheese like the recipe calls for. This was one of my mom's recipes that I had not made before. I will definitely make it again!


1 comment:

Janice Johnson said...

I think capers are more like olives than pickles, don't you think? I love how they brighten up a dish.