Our Cookbook Blog

Our Cookbook ~ What We Cook, is a compilation of every recipe we (Janice and Carissa) cook - recipes from our cookbook collections, our recipe boxes, and our heads! We set up this blog for friends and family who have our cookbook to let them see pictures we post of the recipes in the book, and also for us to note any corrections, revisions, or additions to What We Cook. We encourage people who are cooking our recipes to let us know how the recipes turn out and any suggestions they might want to make.

In addition, we will be sharing some of our new recipes (along with pictures) that are not in our cookbook. We hope you will help us out and test recipes and give us your comments.

Monday, May 31, 2010

Pumpkin Crunch Cake ~ page 260

This was truly delicious! This is my mom's recipe that I have eaten when she has made, but I hadn't actually made it myself till now! I had to go to 3 different grocery stores to find canned pumpkin! I thought that was just because it wasn't in high demand right now, but someone told me the pumpkin farmers had been hit hard with bad weather! Either way, just keep looking, someone is bound to carry it!
It is like soft pumpkin pie on the bottom and moist cake on the top with crunchy nuts on top of that. I didn't have pumpkin pie spice, so I used the next best thing...apple pie spice! I couldn't tell a difference. It made so much that I was afraid that I would eat it all myself, so I frozen half of it. Not sure how well if freezes, I'll let you know once I thaw it out and eat it. If you haven't made this, go run to the store real fast and get the ingredients so you can make it tonight! Your house will smell heavenly while it is baking. --Carissa

1 comment:

Janice Johnson said...

I normally shy away from recipes that include a cake mix in them, but there are a few out there that just do awesome things with a dry cake mix, and this is sure one of them. It takes me by surprise every time I make it. And then I tell myself I should not be such a cake mix snob!