Our Cookbook Blog

Our Cookbook ~ What We Cook, is a compilation of every recipe we (Janice and Carissa) cook - recipes from our cookbook collections, our recipe boxes, and our heads! We set up this blog for friends and family who have our cookbook to let them see pictures we post of the recipes in the book, and also for us to note any corrections, revisions, or additions to What We Cook. We encourage people who are cooking our recipes to let us know how the recipes turn out and any suggestions they might want to make.

In addition, we will be sharing some of our new recipes (along with pictures) that are not in our cookbook. We hope you will help us out and test recipes and give us your comments.

Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Green Bean Toss ~ page 97

I made these to go with lasagna last night. Such a nice change from my normal garlic green beans. I made the dressing ahead of time and had the onions and parsley in the bottom of the bowl. The nuts I toasted ahead of time and set aside to keep crunchy till eating time. Then at the last minute I tossed it all together with the hot beans. Perfect! A friend that was over eating with us, kept saying..."gosh I love these green beans!" So, I'd say they went over very well! One guest even commented that asparagus would be good treated like this....might just have to try that sometime. Oh, and I forgot to buy red onion...so I used a yellow onion, and it was just as good, just make sure you mince the onion very finely since it is raw in this dish.
--Carissa

No comments: