Our Cookbook Blog

Our Cookbook ~ What We Cook, is a compilation of every recipe we (Janice and Carissa) cook - recipes from our cookbook collections, our recipe boxes, and our heads! We set up this blog for friends and family who have our cookbook to let them see pictures we post of the recipes in the book, and also for us to note any corrections, revisions, or additions to What We Cook. We encourage people who are cooking our recipes to let us know how the recipes turn out and any suggestions they might want to make.

In addition, we will be sharing some of our new recipes (along with pictures) that are not in our cookbook. We hope you will help us out and test recipes and give us your comments.

Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Best Drop Biscuits ~ page 308

When we were little we used to call these Cloud Biscuits because they looked like lumpy clouds. They are the biscuits I make most often, not the roll out kind that my mom makes. (although hers are very yummy!) Usually when I decide I want biscuits, it is at the last minute, and these are very time friendly!
I know the recipe says to use a greased measuring cup, because I didn't know how many of you out there have a large ice cream scoop. That is what I really use. This batter will be wet, at first you will think you have messed up...but give it a second and it will firm up for you as you scoop. If you want them really yummy, the original recipe says to brush an additional tablespoon of melted butter on the tops before you bake them. I was just trying to keep them lower in fat.

Adam was my taster Sunday morning when I made these...
He gave them 2 thumbs up!




4 comments:

Carissa said...

Oh, one little thing on this recipe...the instructions say to bake 9-11 minutes. I pulled mine out at 8.5 minutes and they were perfect, so check them at 8 or 9, you can always put them back in, but you can't un-cook them! I would be famous if I could figure out how to un-cook stuff!

Holly said...

no kidding! I am pretty good about timing things, but I have made more than my share of overcooking mistakes.

p.s. - adam looks like he wants to devour that whole tray of biscuits!

Anonymous said...

This picture is disturbing.

Caleb said...

Made these this weekend. So easy and fast! And they tasted so good. Cooked them for about 10min because I like them a little crisp on the outside. Evie and Cohen really liked them too. Might have to make this a regular saturday event!