Our Cookbook Blog

Our Cookbook ~ What We Cook, is a compilation of every recipe we (Janice and Carissa) cook - recipes from our cookbook collections, our recipe boxes, and our heads! We set up this blog for friends and family who have our cookbook to let them see pictures we post of the recipes in the book, and also for us to note any corrections, revisions, or additions to What We Cook. We encourage people who are cooking our recipes to let us know how the recipes turn out and any suggestions they might want to make.

In addition, we will be sharing some of our new recipes (along with pictures) that are not in our cookbook. We hope you will help us out and test recipes and give us your comments.

Saturday, May 1, 2010

Healthy Peanut Butter Pancakes ~ page 319

We had a long day today...stayed up late last night hanging out for Adam's birthday, then I hosted a baby shower at my house this morning, so I didn't have much energy left when it came to coming up with a dinner plan! That usually results in something we like to call..."B for D"...(breakfast for dinner)
These pancakes hit the spot! I even had my good lookin' sous chef helping out at the griddle!
I wanted to extend the batter a bit since all 4 of us were eating this for dinner, so I added 2 splashes of milk...worked like a charm. So if you like your batter a bit thinner, go for it.
This is my new cast iron griddle that I just got...kinda an early Mother's Day present. It made for some extra yummy pancakes since I was using extra butter to work on getting the griddle "seasoned" just right. Good thing I had wheat germ in there to balance out all the butter! (at least that is what I kept telling myself) Try this recipe out and let me know what you think. --Carissa




No comments: