Our Cookbook Blog

Our Cookbook ~ What We Cook, is a compilation of every recipe we (Janice and Carissa) cook - recipes from our cookbook collections, our recipe boxes, and our heads! We set up this blog for friends and family who have our cookbook to let them see pictures we post of the recipes in the book, and also for us to note any corrections, revisions, or additions to What We Cook. We encourage people who are cooking our recipes to let us know how the recipes turn out and any suggestions they might want to make.

In addition, we will be sharing some of our new recipes (along with pictures) that are not in our cookbook. We hope you will help us out and test recipes and give us your comments.

Friday, May 7, 2010

Peanut Butter Fiber Balls page 259

These healthy little balls are so good you wouldn't believe they have no sugar. I first had them at my sister's home and loved them. I decided to play with how they "look" and tried 3 options.1) roll them in coconut2) roll them in the wheat germ as the recipe says and then 3) roll them in cocoa.
In the end I preferred the affect of the wheat germ mixed with cocoa powder. The plain cocoa was a little bitter and the peanut butter absorbed it unevenly. The coconut just looked shaggy to me, but tasted really good. The wheat germ tastes good but is just "tan", so I opted to mi
x the cocoa and wheat germ and liked the look best and the taste was still sweet enough. My only problem is making small balls..I kept ending up with balls closer to golf balls and that is just too big!
This is my four options. The three up the middle are the ones I decided to go with.



Like my sister, I believe this will become a staple sweet that I don't have to feel bad about eating!


1 comment:

Carissa said...

Oh, I don't think the coconut ones look too shaggy...I think they look very yummy! Makes them look more dessertish looking.