Our Cookbook Blog

Our Cookbook ~ What We Cook, is a compilation of every recipe we (Janice and Carissa) cook - recipes from our cookbook collections, our recipe boxes, and our heads! We set up this blog for friends and family who have our cookbook to let them see pictures we post of the recipes in the book, and also for us to note any corrections, revisions, or additions to What We Cook. We encourage people who are cooking our recipes to let us know how the recipes turn out and any suggestions they might want to make.

In addition, we will be sharing some of our new recipes (along with pictures) that are not in our cookbook. We hope you will help us out and test recipes and give us your comments.

Sunday, May 9, 2010

Banana Nut Bran Muffins ~ page 305

Yum! These were great! The texture was so light and fluffy inside. I was afraid that Adam would say they needed to be sweeter (he has the sweet tooth in the family), but he said he thought they were good just as they are. A friend brought me some tulips the other day...just had to stick one in the picture cuz it was so pretty!
Here are my frozen bananas...I just peeled them a couple weeks ago and stored them away for a future baking day. Once I defrosted them in the microwave they turned a bit brownish in color, but it didn't seem to effect the taste or texture any.

In case some of you are like me, you are probably wondering what Wheat Bran is....here is a picture of the bag. I haven't found it in regular grocery stores in Houston. My bag is from Tyler. I know my mom gets it at Drug Emporium. I usually just leave nuts out of muffins because I am cheap and don't feel like spending the money on them. But don't do that on this recipe, they add nice texture. Now I have a nice stash of muffins in the freezer for Adam to take for breakfast as he is walking out the door for work in the mornings. Give them a try! --Carissa



2 comments:

Carissa said...

Oh, I just remembered a little correction on the baking time...I baked mine for exactly 15 minutes and thought that was perfect. In the book it says a little longer.

chefdebg said...

I love banana nut muffins. I am having to increase my fiber now and this looks like a great way to ease into it. I can't wait to try this recipe.